Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2010 Goals

I haven't done my review of last years goals yet, but I will, here are some for the new year.

Continue to eat mostly plant-based (no dairy/meat). (I am eating some salmon because of its anti-inflammatory properties. I can't decide on whether I want to eat eggs or not.)

Continue to work out with Pilates, Zumba, weights, Aerobics. I like to do something every day. I'd like to add in a yoga class, but I don't know if I have time. I'll make it a goal to at least try a yoga class before the year is over. This year is about building more muscle. Unofficially, I'm calling it "the year of the glutes," but really, it's about muscle everywhere.

Take my lunch to work at least one time a week. I usually just get a salad at work, but taking my lunch will be 1) good for the pocket book, 2) more green (no throw-away stuff) and 3) I'll know that I'm eating organic. We don't know if the salad bar is organic or not.

Continue to expand my repertoire of "raw" or mostly raw foods--both eating them and preparing them.

Continue to work on being green. (Specific ideas will appear at some point, but hey, taking my lunch counts!)

Continue to make at least 8 hours of sleep a night the goal.

Organize the house.... um, yea. (I did not get any homemaking skills whatsoever. I guess, I like to cook, but that's it.)

Hang with the girls and MWH more. (I'd like to make taking a family walk/hike a thing we do at least once a month. We took one on New Years (or the day after) and the girls loved it. This would be good and healthy!)

Hang with friends more. (We're all so busy... bleh.)

No comments: