Sunday, October 11, 2009

11

MWH and I celebrated 11 years of wedded bliss. True bliss. On Friday, we sent the girls over to N3nny's house and we got to sleep in on Saturday. Ahhhhh! Then we went furniture shopping. I thought I had written about how we need to get new bedroom furniture for our room, but that SEARCH box up in the left-hand corner doesn't seem to be working. Argh. I can't find my posts with information about our need for furntiture. Google owns blogspot... You'd think they could make SEARCH work.

Anyway, we looked at some bedroom furniture, and we know what it will be hard to find what we want. We aren't typical. But! MWH took me to look at couches and we may have found new chairs for our kitchen table. And! The couch store was a store I didn't think I liked, but I like it! I do, I do!

For our day together, we also worked out, went to lunch at a yummy place with awesome salads, but we sat in a very echo-y room with kids*, then we looked for toys for the girls, had a slice of carrot cake at a bakery, and went to the grocery store. We're boring, but we are very happy. It was fun to do the "normal stuff" with just MWH. We missed the girls, but they are exhausting!

It was super fun to go browse in the toy store. So many good toys. As we browsed, we remembered we wanted some of these for the girls, but they were out at the toy store, so I came home and ordered them. The girls LOVE them and this toy 1) helps their fine motor skills, and keeps them quiet. Some would argue it helps their cognitive skills in that they have to match numbers to colors, but I'm not going that far. My favorite thing is how QUIET the girls are when they are engaged in making one of those. I think I'll make it my gift of choice for pre-kindergartners, kindergartners and first graders.

We got Three-a a jack-in-the-box because she says she really wants one. Who knows if a four-year-old really wants a jack-in-the-box or not, but I think they are cool too, so we got one!

I found out about OluKai flip-flops and will order either some of those or some Chacos for next summer. They have arch support.

Hrmmmm... I started talking about MWH and our anniversary and ended up on shoes. I think the commonality is I love both of them. (And, the toy store had the OluKai shoes.) It was super fun to get a day with MWH. I hope we can manage another date/day before the end of the year.




*We were sitting alone in this little back room and this family of four came in. A little boy, about 8, who managed to find the resonant frequency of the room. Argh. I tried not to look at them because I know I would have given dirty looks. Really, that room is echo-y and no one under the age of 16 should be allowed in it. Note to self, DO NOT TAKE THE GIRLS IN THAT ROOM.

No comments: