Tuesday, August 04, 2009

chugging along

I'm not teaching this fall, and I'm kind of sad. I'm kind of happy and kind of sad at the same time. I am excited that I'll have weekends--that I won't be preparing for class constantly. I am excited that I can enjoy the girls, and hang with them, but I am feeling a touch of boredom. I'm not behind at work. I'm not super ahead, but not being behind is a HUGE accomplishment.

I think I need to think more about [first project that needs some attention] even though there's no money for it. I guess [fav colleague] (:waves to PS) and I will be doing that soon as we work on a new idea. That will be exciting. Okay, whew... I have a plan. [Fav colleague] is out this week and I miss her. I missed her for her 3 week trip earlier this year and now I miss her again.

Got the MRI results... No change! Woo! No change in 9 years is super. I am thrilled. I hope 20 years go by before I worry again. (I figure I ought to double the time between MRIs.) The neurologist wants to see if I have carpal tunnel as well as residual numbness from the demyelination. He'll do an EMG. I won't do that test until the girls go back to school. Before school starts, we have my brother visiting, doctor's appointments and n3nny's vacation. It's going to be a little busy. (Note to self, be glad you're not teaching this fall.)

I'll be busier soon I imagine. I'm trying to enjoy this week where I have enough work to keep my time all covered, but not so much that it's crazy. (Note to self, ENJOY this week, it doesn't happen often.)

I keep toying around with Zumba training. I <3 Zumba. Today was a fun class. What I can't decide is, Do I love Zumba so much I want to teach it or Do I just love taking Zumba from S____ (my teacher) and being in a Zumba class. If I taught Zumba, I couldn't be like S_____. She's way out of my league. Would I be happy teaching Zumba like me, or would I always feel like I was short-changing my students. I think I could be a fun Zumba teacher, but I wouldn't be S_____. Also, do I want to work as hard as I'd need to to teach Zumba, or do I want to just take some time and relax.... Believe it or not, I'm leaning towards not being insane and relaxing. (Am I feeling okay????)

Other news.... I might be seeing a good friend from college who I haven't seen since before I graduated. He was a year ahead of me... we were best buddies my sophomore year, but then we drifted a bit apart my junior year. I was dating someone he didn't like (he was right... it was EVIL Boyfriend... I should have listed to him), but I didn't agree back them. It will be fun to see him and how he's doing.

1 comment:

PS said...

Yay for the MRI results! I miss seeing you too. The trip is going very well. We should talk about turning hobbies into jobs (pros and cons). I've gone through similar thoughts with other hobbies/things I've loved.