Thursday, December 04, 2008

This minute

I am starving!

Yesterday I realized that I have been "waiting" for my students to finish something and not wanting to get involved in anything else so I've been getting more and more bored doing little things I don't really need to do. I just realized (last night) that I could do FUN stuff while waiting. I don't have to be productive every minute. I decide things should be done in a certain order, but then I sometimes fail to shuffle things around or realize I can intersperse little things in if I need to do so!

Yea, I'm slow like that.

Okay....

This morning oNe was worried about something falling out of her pocket. I explained how pocket-technology utilized the power of gravity to help keep things in. Heh.

twoK and Three-a were playing on the bed this morning and were pretending it was a boat. When they'd get off the bed they'd swim and puff their cheeks full of air. Of course they were breathing through their moutns, but it was so cute! Love pretend! They were telling each other what great swimmers they were. They were paddling with a "row." I asked "oar"? They said, yea!!! I pretended along with them for a little while and then I did a computer thing and twoK said, "Let's not disturb Mommy Three-a. Let's go play in the living room." It made me sad for a minute, but it also makes me happy that they realize sometimes I have to do work, and they respect that. I would love to play with them all the time, but I can't. Even if I didn't do work outside the house, I wouldn't be able to play with them all the time. I'd still have things where they couldn't be involved. It's okay. I can't be everything to everybody all the time. It's okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's totally OK. I don't have "work" to do and I still can't play with them 24/7. I don't think they want me to. I do love pretend play, though. Watching/overhearing it. The other day, they were playing some doomsday chase game and Anna fell. Elle said, "Are you OK?" and Anna said all sad-like "No, I fell. I'll never win the race now!" I've no idea where she got that from but it was adorable.