Sunday, November 23, 2008

Things that are random...

1. I am back from visiting Dad. I wish I could be in both places at once. It's hard having your heart split in two places.

2. Dad's numbers look a little better (again) this morning. If we can keep him eating, drinking, moving and taking his medicine, he could be stable for a while. Unfortunately, it's a big IF. It's up to him and the people around him.

I wish I could be there... I'm good at getting food/drink/medicine into people/animals. I did this for about 2 years for Beloved Kitty and the same tricks I learned for Beloved Kitty would work for my Dad. It sounds bad to compare my Dad to Beloved Kitty, but it's actually a very appropriate comparison. I learned a lot from Beloved Kitty and that knowledge may help my Dad. The doctors/nurses thought everything I said was right on and the best thing we could do... Given the limits of medicine, I agree. I wish we could do more, but what I am proposing, which is not at all radical, is what I believe is best given the knowledge/technology/medicine we currently have. I wish we had more knowledge/technology/medicine. We're working on it.

3. I am feeling more expertise around my own work. I love the class I'm teaching this fall. It has been really helpful for me. I love getting to watch the students sink their teeth into the material and start to think about it in really deep ways--this is why I LOVE to teach.

4. Even in the winter, my skin looks better where I grew up than where I currently live. I thought it was just a summer thing. Maybe it's the lighting in Mom's bathroom that is "good for my skin." More data will be collected.

5. I am so glad to be home with my fam... MWH and the little girls make me so happy. See #1 though... I am sad I can't be both places at once.

Sigh.

No comments: