Monday, October 20, 2008

What else am I forgetting??

I forgot picture day at preschool today. twoK and Three-a were dressed in normal preschool/preK clothes today. That means, they were kind of "oldish" clothes. Perhaps even with a stain or two on the shirts... This preschool/preK doesn't believe in putting aprons on the kids when they paint. I send them to school in "pre-stained" clothes so that I don't have to be upset when they come home stained. You know, the first stain is always the worst.

Anyway, I'm really busy. I'm really stressed.

Right now, they are meeting about my father to determine "his fate." Okay, that's not what they are saying, but that's what is happening. They are figuring out whether he'll go in the hospital (I think he needs some dialysis) or if he goes to a nursing home. I am so hoping he goes to the hospital. He needs dialysis to feel better. He needs to feel better to eat more. He needs to eat more to get stronger. (Did I tell you he's lost 10 pounds in the last couple of weeks?) The rehabilitation center says he's not working hard enough. Dammit, of course he's not. His kidneys are NOT doing their job. His body is full of toxins. The toxins are keeping him from wanting to eat. The not eating is making him weaker and waste away. The wasting away is contributing to muscle loss and thus his kidneys have even a HARDER job.

Okay. Whew. Keep your fingers crossed that Dad gets to go get dialysis.

I'm working on our old proposal... I'll link back to a reference to it later.

My students are writing their papers and I almost insist that they iterate with me. This makes it a lot more work for me, but I feel it helps them significantly.

Okay... back to work for me.

1 comment:

RUTH said...

I haven't caught up with your blog for a while and I am sad to hear about your father. It brings back lots of memories of my grandmother who stopped eating properly and my great uncle who was in a rest home where they seemed to think that trying to get him better wasn't an important goal, fortunately my family managed to find better care for him to move to.