Sunday, September 21, 2008

Life's a ...

I'm very sad that my Dad doesn't think he can try harder. He's "only doing what is good for him." He knows what is best for himself, just ask him.

AIIIIIYYYYYEEEEEE ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

Sorry for the screaming, but I needed to do that.

Now, I kind of want to burst into tears. He's still on the slight upward trend, but at the rate he's going he might make it out of the hospital by the fourth of July in 2010.

I know it hurts. I know he'd hurt a lot less if he would have pushed himself harder when he was younger, even 6 months ago, but he always said it hurt too much to walk, or do things like lift weights. So he sat a lot.

You gotta get going. You gotta keep going. If you don't, you waste away. Our bodies were designed for movement and it even helps our brains too to move.

Go, take a walk... Do something extra for your body today. Even if it hurts. Make it hurt a little. It IS good for you. Last week, I only got to workout 2 times. One was a "wimpy" workout at home, but it was better than nothing. Today, I will make sure I get a medium work out in and then lift some weights. Tomorrow and Tuesday will be "hard" workouts. W-Th I'll get some wimpy ones, and then Friday I'll make sure to kick my own a@@. Just so you know, I don't run, but a lot of folks like it. I think I get a LOVELY kicka@@ in a way that is just as good (or better) than running through Zumba. (They really ought to pay me, eh?)

I firmly believe that Life is a B*@$&%. Many people don't like to workout, but I believe working out helps you kick the B*@$&% and ultimately makes life better. I don't think you should ever let yourself slow down. Keep pushing.

Go!

You can file this one as I'm on a soapbox, eh?

1 comment:

PS said...

My hubby wanted to go for a bike ride yesterday but I was feeling bleh and said eh, not today. This morning he said he wanted to go out. I just got off the exercise bike (woo), and said sure, let's go. Hm, I had coffee today, but not yesterday... Heading out in 15 minutes. Go go go!