Friday, August 15, 2008

More double s

Ugh. I'm thrilled my Dad is at the rehab place. The hospital where he was was NOT good. The hospital didn't do enough physical therapy. The hospital also missed the fact that he HAS pneumonia. Ummmm... He was coughing and I kept asking what they were doing about the cough. Mom said they had taken a chest x-ray. Somehow, with a chest x-ray they didn't catch pneumonia????

The rehab place caught it. That's the good news.

The not so good news is that it looks like his heart is enlarged. My Mom has requested all of his records from the hospital. We'll see what they have--hopefully they did do a chest x-ray. Theoretically they did an x-ray earlier this summer when he got the "cough." I'm guessing he's had pneumonia for a while. Sigh. We're trying to figure out if he's ever had an echocardiogram or not. The rehab place can tell his heart looks enlarged (from the chest x-ray), but they can't tell how bad it is. The rehab place can't do an echocardiogram for 2 weeks (they have to have a consultant come), but they can send him somewhere to have it done. I want my Dad to go to my Mom's cardiologist. My Dad wants to go back to the hospital where he just was. SIGH.




N (6.5) has a sore neck. She slept funny. I hope she's not getting sick.




T's birthday is coming up. I can't believe she'll be three. She's going to start preschool in a couple of weeks. We're not going to do a party. We'll just do some presents. I am so NOT up for a party. I'm not even going to pretend to do something little.




K got in to the 3-day afternoon program at her preschool. I'm THRILLED. See here if you want the backstory and there is another link back from there.




I'm exhausted. Emotional stress always makes me want to curl up and sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:::hugs, babe!:::