Saturday, August 30, 2008

Learning

I just finished some stuff in preparation for my class. I don't love it, but it's better than it was before. If I do this class again next year, it will be even better.

I don't like being the "new kid on the block" teaching. I am though. I've been a professional for 10 years, but teaching, while related to what I do, is new. I'm so glad I taught at [local state] university before doing OLU! I don't know why I like teaching. It takes a lot of time. It is rewarding, but also, some people don't like you. Some people do and some don't. It troubles me when my students don't like me. It is wonderful when I can help them. Teaching sucks me in and motivates me to learn more than anything else.





We are still learning all the stuff wrong with my Dad. When we learn new stuff, I am amazed that he's doing so well. PF, EP, CHF, D, and A are just some of the issues. (PS, note how vague. Hopefully I'll remember what they all mean.) I need to determine when it makes sense to go home.

MWH's Mom got the report back from the surgeon. It's not "the best" news, but it's not the worst either. We'll have to see what the other doctor recommends.

No comments: