Tuesday, June 10, 2008

tardy

N (6.4) was worried when we told her she'd be driving on our trip. She said, "But I might bump into another car and...... Get a tardy."

(We live in fear of tardy slips in kindergarten. If you are tardy 10 times, they can kick you out of school. I am usually close to being on time, but usually 2-5 minutes on the late side of thing. I hardly think 2-5 minutes deserves a tardy. For the record, we have only used 4 of tardy slips this year, and there are only 2 more days of school so we are good! We survived a year without 10 tardy slips.)

N is "being responsible for her little sisters tonight" and helping a lot. I love it when she's in a mood to be helpful.

1 comment:

RUTH said...

Are tardy slips for N arriving late or being picked up late? If the latter I can kind of understand why they might do that (having read the famous economics paper "A fine is a price" in which they break Israeli preschools for research purposes). If it is the former it is just incomprehensible to me.