Thursday, May 29, 2008

Other T things

Did I blog that T (2.75) can climb in and out of the crib now? I've been trying to convince her she might hurt herself and she doesn't do it very often, but it's almost time to move her to a bed. I'm not in a hurry to do so though.

With the first baby, it seems many parents want to hurry milestones and they move their babes from cribs to big kid beds early (we were no different really). On subsequent children, the hurry seems to be gone. There's no rush! They'll be sleeping in a bed for a LONG time. With the first kid, it's exciting! to see your child do new things like sleep in a bed! when you've never had a child sleep in a bed.

N (6.3) moved to a big girl bed when she was 2 years 8 months. It was thrilling! K (4) moved herself to a big girl bed (I DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT) when she was about two-years-old. K did not like to be contained AT ALL! From the time K was two until she was two and one-half, it as very tough. We tried to get K to sleep in the crib, but she'd climb out and sleep with N. Anyway, I digress.

T is definitely getting bigger. She is very into Thomas the Train (still). She loves the video and the story of "Thomas and the Magic Railroad." She says, "GET OUT OF MY WAY YOU PUFFBALLS!" like mean Diesel 10 all the time (and it never fails to make me laugh!). T kind of likes Elmo still. She LOVES Diego. (I think it's getting serious with Diego.) T's trying to figure out how to use the mouse on the computer. She watches big sisters and is beginning to learn what to do to make it work. T still loves gymnastics and tomorrow we go! We haven't gotten to hang all day yet, but soon! (Did I tell you she will ask, "Hang all day today, Mommy?" and it makes me melt. I so want to hang all day with her.)

Little bedtime things I might forget if I don't write them down
At bedtime, I put T in the crib and we play a "silly I love you" game. I'll say, "I love you with your blanket." She'll say, "I love you with your earrings." I'll say, "I love you with your nose." She'll say, "I love you with your shoes..." And so on ...

We laugh and laugh. She helped invent the game. She's smart and cute!

Before I leave her room, she'll say, "I need something." I'll ask, "What?" She'll say, "ummmmm.... a book." or "ummmmmm... I need that toy over there..." (meaning she wants me to move the toy)... Or something like that. It's very cute.

No comments: