Friday, February 08, 2008

got milk?

T (2.4) is weaning. MWH wanted to encourage her and he put her to bed last night. She had asked to nurse and I wanted to nurse her, but I listened to his encouragement. I regretted listening. I woke up in terrible PAIN. Everything on the upper half of my body hurts. Seriously. I am engorged. Being engorged is zero-fun. I am really good at making milk.

From the pain, I turned evil. MWH got scared of me and the daggers that were shooting out of my eyes. If T asks to nurse tonight, I will oblige. If she doesn't ask, I may have to find my old friend, the pump. I'm guessing she'll ask. I'll work on getting her to nurse less each night, but unless she says she's done, we're not quite done. We need to ratchet the production system down a bit more. Engorgement sucks.

When N weaned, she was only nursing on one side for about 2 minutes once a day (morning). It was slightly uncomfortable, but not PAINFUL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

one word re: the engorgement: YOUCH. I've been engorged before and it truly is horrific.

I loved "I turned evil." I love you for writing it! lol At least evil is something you have to "turn" into vs. something you are. You are FAR from that. God knows we all have our moments, though, don't we?