Wednesday, December 19, 2007

J*O*Y

I really don't have time to post, but my heart is bursting with love, joy, and song. Yea, it's kind of disgusting, but I'm in such a good mood right now. I'm going with it--embracing it even. I wonder if our co-worker, N, slipped something into the cookies he baked. They were yummy and I'm even surprising myself by having such an incredibly positive mood. (MWH is kind of amazed too.)

Part of my excellent mood might be because my class is over. The final is even graded. I have to finish grades (add in the extra credit and turn them in) but I'm ALMOST DONE. Yesterday, I was grading and I was in a such a funk--pretty much 180 from this lovely mood. I even had to call MWH and ask him to come home early. I said something like,

Well, I'm not crying, but I'm laughing hysterically... I need your help!


Back to today... The girls were in wonderful moods tonight and played on the computer together (nicely even) while I cooked a yummy dinner. (Remind me to post the recipe later.) Even my hair was better today than yesterday, probably also contributing to the happy mood.

Something exciting happened today at lunch... I was with all but one of my favorite co-workers. Then, my favorite, long-time (10 years), female co-worker (who reads this blog, but even if she didn't I'd still say all of these things about her) gave me this*....





She made it. Is that cool?

She is so talented.






Regarding the photo... I was trying to get a picture of it on my arm.... Each attempt was either blurry or my arm looked very weird. Apparently my wrist bone sticks out a lot. I decided to try to get a shot of the bracelet on a background. As I was trying to get a good shot, it fell into this position.


Since my friend Nino often takes heart pictures--she finds them occurring in nature too--I decided to steal borrow the cool idea from her. I re-shaped the way the bracelet was laying to make it more heart-like and the result was the first photo in this post.




The heart is perfect because I wanted to express a sweet thank you to my co-worker. I love that she made the bracelet. I would have loved the bracelet by itself because it's really cool (and as we noted today at lunch, it looks like a bracelet that goes well with little girls), but she made it. With her own hands. How cool is that? I kept looking down at my arm all afternoon and smiling.

Oh...here's one of the pictures where my arm doesn't look too weird.



Thank you PS! Such a wonderful holiday surprise.









*I'd also say these wonderful things about her if she hadn't have given me the bracelet.


On another note, if you haven't, go to the previous post and tell me all about your feelings about age. I'm so enjoying reading your thoughts. Please? Thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Happy LOVE THURSDAY. :) I bet you didn't even know this was a Love Thursday post, did ya? lol

PS said...

What a great picture! I love the heart shape. I'm so glad you like it. It was SO fun to give it to you :)