Wednesday, November 07, 2007

This is driving me crazy...

Last night, I set the alarm clock on my crackberry... It's how I wake up every morning. After the alarm goes off in the morning, I usually turn it off and check email ... Remember, I am a geek!

As I was setting the alarm, I checked email. I read an email from a student who is annoying and whiny (all the time not just in the email, but she was in fine-form in the email--I believe she accused me of ruining her life, or close to it). She wanted me to review something she'd sent me at 10 pm Monday. It was 11:30 pm Tuesday. I hadn't yet gotten to it. I had read it, but I really wasn't sure what to say to her. She's difficult to communicate via email (she freaks out if I say anything that is remotely critical, even if it's constructive), and I had decided earlier it would be easier to talk with her in class today.

After I got the (annoying) email at 11:30, I decided I'd go ahead and reply. I put the crackberry down and got on the computer. I checked email and the message from her wasn't there. I went back to the crackberry and it wasn't there. I checked email through the web interface instead of through my email client. Nope, nada. I searched and searched... Nowhere to be found....

I went ahead and replied to the email she'd sent the day before, and gave her some feedback. But what happened to the annoying email????

Did I dream the email? Did a higher power delete it because it was so annoying and whiny? Was there a terrible technical flux? What do you think happened? Help me here... Or tell me your unsolved email mysteries.

(Play twilight zone music....)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm? I've no idea. But interesting nonetheless. She sounds like a real piece of work!