Friday, October 26, 2007

At this point...

At this point, I believe we need a miracle to help my friend. Keep her and her family in your thoughts. If I sound flip, it's only because I'm exhausted. I've cried a lot today. Pretty much everyone I know is doing a lot of crying and hoping for a miracle, but the odds are pretty astronomical.

I don't usually go to work on Fridays, and I didn't today, but I spoke to so many of my colleagues and we just cried on the phone. We are all clinging together. Rallying... Circling the wagons. We are all sorry. We are all stunned. We are all feeling just how fragile and precious life is. Go, hug your kids, your spouse, call your Mom and tell her you love her... Have dinner with your friend... Life is too short and unpredictable. Yea, I know... I'm totally cliché, but in this case, it's the only way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie. I'm so incredibly sorry to hear this. sigh.