Monday, September 24, 2007

Daycare update

1. Today, T (2) went to the back-up daycare center. She didn't cry before or when I left. The teacher said she cried a little when she realized I was gone (I said goodbye, but the teacher distracted her so she didn't cry right then). When she realized I was really gone, she cried some. I think she had a pretty good time at school though. When I went to pick her up, she was washing her hands for snack. The teacher was helping her do it, and the teacher had a nice way of helping.

I spoke to the director and they do have a spot opening for T's age group in October. I will find out more information tomorrow. I have to decide if I want to do a nanny or not. I think it might make sense for us to do part-time nanny and part-time daycare / jr. preschool (what it's called for T... isn't that cute?).

2. N (5.5) went to the before school care program today. She cried when I left her. I know she's sad about the nanny being gone. She's asked quite a few questions. We've just told the girls that MP needed to do some other things--that her back was hurting her (true) and she needed a change. N is the only one who has asked if we can see her again. I replied, "Most likely we will see her again. She'll be around and we'll call her soon and see her when she is feeling better." We see one of our ex-nannies on a fairly regular basis (every quarter or so) and I told N that we'll probably see MP like we see ex-nanny. Who knows if we will or not. MP is planning to be the nanny for one of my friends. It's cool with me. MP worked for my friend's family first. My friend needs a nanny again. I hope it works.

3. K (3) went to the back-up daycare center to keep T company. She said she liked it better than S_______ School (her preschool). I don't want to switch K to that school. We'll lose money and S_______ is a fine school. I think K will be fine with S_______ as soon as she goes back. I think she did have fun at the new school today. Having K say that she had so much fun! makes it easier to want to send T there.

Today was tiring though. I had to get the girls out the door by myself because MWH had a big meeting. I woke up early because I was stressed about all I had to do today. Fortunately, I managed to get it all done (or all that had to be done). Now I should go work on that project I don't like. Theoretically, I can finish it up by Friday. I'm going to have to work quickly though.

No comments: