Thursday, September 20, 2007

Back-up!

Woo-hoo! I have a spot in the back-up daycare center my work provides for Monday and Tuesday of next week! I'm relieved. MWH and I both usually have very flexible schedules, but on Monday he has an important meeting that's been scheduled for weeks, and I have class. Worst case scenario, I would have cancelled class, but I really didn't want to do that. I'm already 2 classes behind!

MWH and I have looked at our schedules for the next 2 weeks (after Monday) and we can juggle the rest of the time and trade-off care. It'll be crazy, but we can do it. I've got to think about daycare vs. nanny. I have pro and con lists in my head, and soon I'll type them up. I want to have a solution determined (and hopefully in place) before 2 weeks are over.

As a happy coincidence, the daycare center I'm probably most interested in is the one that my work gives me as a back-up place (for 10 days) so we can check it out before we sign up.

Re: the nanny... I haven't spoken to her since she left. I'm trying to determine how much severance pay I should give her. She left me high-and-dry, but I feel I should do something. What would you do?

On still another note, I've gotten to spend a lot of time with the little girls the last two days. It's been nice. I have gotten to witness so much cuteness.

For example, esterday, N (5.5) was telling me about how much fun dreaming is and how she doesn't like to get up because she wants to keep her dreams going. She said she always curious to find out what's going to happen next and that dreams are so much fun. I remember thinking the exact thing when I was a kid. How cool! K (3) has been telling me, "In my mind, I'm thinking __________." So cute. T (2) got to go to work with me for an hour today. She blew a raspberry at the CEO and a few other important people. How cool is it to be two? Heh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can feel you are so much more at ease now than just a couple of days ago. I'm so glad, my friend. And so glad you're enjoying the girls all the more!