Friday, July 20, 2007

Lessons from today

When someone you care about is stressed, it is worse if you don't know why than if you do know why. I am a "solutions" kind of person.* I can't just worry.... IT EATS ME UP. I need to know what the problem is and then figure out how/if we can fix it.

When you are feeling inadequate when comparing yourself to someone else, find out why they are so successful and chances are they will reveal to you the fact that they don't feel successful.

In all cases, don't make assumptions or let things go unsaid. Good communication makes everything so much better.


*None of these items are about my "personal" life... The first is about someone who is dear. The second was me comparing myself to a colleague, and the third is just general good advice.

No comments: