Friday, May 04, 2007

In context...

Perhaps the funniest thing I overheard today, was said by a woman with a large chest. She was walking down the hallway, talking with another woman, and gesturing wildly. She was talking about how she (and pointed at herself in the large chest area) wasn't going to pay $17 for any watermelons.

It was funny.

Or at least to me.

Maybe you had to be there.

I almost burst out laughing as I walked by, but I stifled it until I got back to my office.

Now, as I'm blogging, I'm chuckling.

It might not be that funny to you all, but it was to me!





Miss T (20 months) did sleep all night. However, Miss K (2.95) woke up and went to the bathroom at 5 am. She wasn't happy because the light in the kitchen was off. In fact, she was howling. She was so very upset. It took me a while to realize that when she normally gets up, at 8 am, the light is indeed on in the kitchen. It's the sun. It took me a bit longer (while she was howling) to realize that I could turn the light on in the kitchen and therefore just make her happy.

I was tired. It was 5 am. I wasn't dealing very well with the howling. It was very loud. Getting jarred from a deep sleep by wake-the-dead howling isn't fun and doesn't make me the clearest thinker.

I don't think I would have won any parenting awards. I did figure it out. I did make her happier. I comforted a little, but not a lot.

Sigh.




Work is getting a bit more fun. Or at least it has been the last 2 days. My challenge now is to not let it get too fun, aka take over my life completely. I need to learn how to do this in balance. I was just saying (in my last post) how I thought I'd learn to put boundaries on things at work because I've been doing it all semester due to my class.

I realize now, I haven't actually learned how to put boundaries on my work... I just added external demands (the class), and what I really need to learn is how to create boundaries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The kitchen light is the sun."

Classic!

(snicker,snicker)