Saturday, April 07, 2007

Easter Eve...

Miss N (5) and Miss K (2.9) are trying to fall asleep quickly (unsuccessfully) tonight so the Easter Bunny will bring their baskets. I hope they like the little things the Easter Bunny brings.



MWH is hanging a HUGE whiteboard in our kitchen. Since our appliances are stainless, there is no where to play with magnets. Now, there is. We have lots of magnets for the little girls to play with and we've missed them since we moved here. We'll have a place to hang artwork too. Four by six feet of magnetic goodness. It looks like we should write some equations on it, and maybe in a few years we will.... When they are older it might be handy for homework help. Heh. I am excited about our whiteboard.

I have fantasies of little girls playing with magnets on it while I cook dinner. In peace. Without T (19 months) screaming for me to pick her up, while holding on to my legs. And then I have to cook dinner with one hand. Did I mention I am very strong? She weighs 25 (+) pounds. She's my sweet T, but she is getting heavy!

Oh, but that reminds me of some cuteness I want to record, when we go down our stairs, I go down a few and then she stands at the top and says, "Mama!" and I turn around and she jumps in my arms with her arms going right around my neck. It's our little game. It's so cute. She loves her Mama, and her Mama loves her!

2 comments:

RUTH said...

We have some stainless steel appliances and magnets don't stick to them. I've just done the research and discovered that this must be because they have nickel as an ingredient in the alloy. I've also found out that some stainless steel fridges don't have nickel in the alloy and are magnetic (although it is less common). I still haven't found out why anyone thinks that the non-magnetic stainless steel is a sensible choice for an appliance. I hope it is because there is some desirable property of the nickel containing alloys not a deliberate plot against fridge magnets.

Mrs. CP said...

Try carrying around a 28 pounder who can't walk. :-( Just got back from our latest doctor visit for D...I'll update you soon. It's late here and we just got back an hour ago. It's been a long day.