Thursday, March 22, 2007

K's memory

K (2.75) has a phenomenal memory. Yesterday we went to the dentist. As we were getting in the car, she said to me, "To go to the dentist you go to the library and then you get to the dentist."

She was absolutely right. Our dentist is across the street from the library. I don't remember if I pointed it out to her the last time we were at the library or not. But even so, she's NOT YET 3 and she knows where things are!

She had a a bad dream (probably in November) and she still tells us about it...
There was a squirfy fish (don't ask me what a squirfy fish is...) and it said pa-pa-pa-pa and it was in a bush and there was a stepmother (Cinderella is her favorite movie) and ...


She just added a new part about a pelican, but the first part has stayed the same since November. Amazing*.



*Maybe it's not so amazing, .... I know that that particular memory gets reinforced because she re-tells the dream fairly often, but still... I think it's pretty amazing given her young age!

No comments: