Sunday, February 04, 2007

Swirling...

My head that is... I'm not sure why. I've had the required and usual amount of caffeine. We took the three little girls to the park today and played outside for a while. We even had a picnic! It was a beautiful afternoon. (Beautiful weekend actually.) Sometimes, when I'm out in the sun for a while, I feel kind of ill afterwards. When that happens, I worry that maybe I'm part vampire.

Or... maybe my head is swirling because I had my hair colored yesterday and the colorist made it REALLY dark. It was a new colorist. I'm planning to go back as soon as the salon opens on Tuesday morning and make an appointment for her to fix it.

Every time I look in the mirror I think, OH MY, IT'S WAY TOO DARK.

I really don't like it. MWH does and he's a little sad that I want it lighter. I don't want it lighter, I just want it NORMAL. I'm not one to mess with my hair color. If it gets too light, too red, or too dark, I don't like it. I like my natural shade of brown. I don't like the grey that is in it. I started going grey at 20. Now I have a lot and I must cover it. Someday I'll let my hair be all grey, but not until I am about 70 or so (or whenever my whole head is grey--I don't like the salt and pepper look).

Or... maybe my head is swirling because Miss N (5) is screaming and has been for the last hour. She wanted us to buy her a flag at Target. We didn't. We could have spent less than a dollar and had a little girl who was happy, but I'm tired of little girls who DEMAND stuff when we go to the store. Miss K (2.75) wanted new shoes and I said no to that. Miss T (17 months) just wanted a nap while we were at the store.

My lecture for this week for my class is done! I have more than 12 hours until class. This is a first. It's one of the few times that I've been done with something early. I should probably start on the 5 hours of work I need to do on a lit review before Tuesday, but my head is swirling (see above). I'll try to do an hour or two later today.

Maybe by the end of tonight I can write a not-so-lame post.

Oh... Did you notice that I'm NOT watching the super bowl? I don't even know who is playing. Maybe I'll go look it up. Or not. MWH and I are not sports people at all. When I was a kid, my Dad never watched sports and I loved it. I always wondered if I could find a husband who wasn't into sports. Somehow, I managed to. How cool is that?

No comments: