Tuesday, February 27, 2007

7:25 am

The day is sunny and bright and all the little girls woke up early. (Yesterday they slept until 10 again when it was cloudy and rainy. Yesterday, T (18 months) didn't cry like she did on Sunday, she yelped once, but slept through!)

This morning at 7:25 (very early for us), K started howling.

We heard her come running for our room. She was very upset about her dress. I figured she'd wet through her pull-up.

As she got closer I could make out that she was yelling about wanting to wear a beautiful dress to the "guacamole store." Apparently she'd had a bad dream about having to wear an ugly dress to the guacamole store (our favorite restaurant). That is a nightmare for a fashion-conscious girly-girl.

She wasn't even wet so I asked her to go to the bathroom and she did. Then she came back and snuggled. I was so tired. We snuggled and dozed until about 9.

I heard T playing in her crib happily between 7:30 and 9. She had soooo many toys in there, I'm not sure how she had room to sleep, but it kept her from crying, so she gets to sleep with all the toys she wants from now on!

No real point to this entry, other than just a memory of a morning that was nice--even if it started a little too early. At the moment, I'm not too overwhelmed or stressed about work.... (Ask me again on Friday how I feel when my deadline is fast approaching.)

No comments: