Saturday, December 23, 2006

The joy of moving....

I'm so tired I can barely blog.... It'll be a quick one.

We moved.

After we moved, we discovered that the one shower we thought would be working is not actually working... Well, it is working, but it's only spraying hot water. That means you can take a shower for about 20 seconds until the water becomes scalding. It's a good thing our old house is only 4 blocks away.

(I'm hopeful that MWH can figure out what is wrong with that shower tomorrow. He's very smart.)

I'll also have to tell you about what happened with the two other showers that we just discovered.

What else? ...

I have a new hobby of swiftering my new wood floor. If I don't blog as much, that's why. I think that you should all probably invest in Procter & Gamble (the company that makes Swifter). I imagine I'll be using a lot of both the wet and dry ones here. The reason for my new hobby is that there is a very fine coat of dust everywhere from when they finished the floor.

(Actually, tomorrow, if I can find one, I plan to get a washable swifter kind of thing.... and a telescoping feather duster..... and some wood soap...... and a Christmas tree........)

Remind me to tell you about the washing machine.... and the moving crew.... and the little girls and their new bed....

And... I'll think of more I'm sure. Right now, I must go eat ice cream and fall asleep.

Even though you may not be able to tell from this post, I am actually happy, no very very happy, we're here in our new house.

2 comments:

Mrs. CP said...

I don't know what a telescoping feather duster is, but I can tell you that I own both feather dusters from Flylady and they are wonderful dusters.

Hope the girls like their new bed!

Merry Christmas to you all!

(Did my package arrive in time? I sent it to your old address.)

Mrs. CP said...

And congrats on your new home!! (I've been waiting a lonnnng time to say that!) :-)