Sunday, November 05, 2006

Not really blog-worthy...

We had a low-key weekend. We hung with the girls, and also had a babysitter for a few hours each day so that we could run some errands and get some supplies for the house remodel. (IT TAKES SO MUCH TIME!)

We've almost decided on our paint colors, but I worry that one will be too dark. I can't decide. It will probably be okay... but what if it's not????? What if I hate the colors we pick? I don't want to hate them... I want to love them.

We're thinking of doing a dark accent wall in the dining room--a burgundy. I want to get a natural stone for the fireplace with a color that is similar to tie in the accent wall (you can see the fireplace in the living room from the dining room). I haven't found the right stone yet. I need to go looking again this week. We have a tile for the entry way picked that should be good that will go with the dining room (you can see the dining room from the entry).

We are waffling on the color for the kitchen...

We still have to decide on the color for our bedroom and bath and guest bath...

You can see why this entry isn't really blog worthy and why I don't really have anything else for you... All I can think about is paint. (Actually, I am also thinking about the data I was just analyzing for work... Bet you would have loved for me to write about that here, huh?)


In about a week we have to settle on the kitchen countertops.... I can't even decide on paint and paint is a LOT cheaper than countertops. Help! I need a professional!

Yea... Going to go watch a Buffy now.

1 comment:

RUTH said...

I used to hassle my mother that her default colour for decorating anything was orange. We had orange curtains in the living room, orange walls in the hall and orange cupboards in the kitchen. My default colours are rich yellow for walls and dark green for anything else. If you're feeling adventurous check out the book Mexicolor.