Saturday, November 18, 2006

House update #48

I'm not sure what number we're actually on, but I like the number 48. It's nice and 6 times 8-ish.

In case you couldn't guess, I'm a little tired. I tend to get a little more random as I get more and more tired. I only got up twice last night, but I was awake for about 1.5 hours straight.

I slept from midnight until 3:30, got up for K (30 months), and snuggled with her. N (4 and 3/4s) was coughing a lot and that kept me awake. Just as I was dozing off, T (15 months) woke up and when I was done with her it was almost 5. T woke up again at 6:45, but I ignored her cries. It couldn't have been too urgent because she slept until almost 10 am! K just happened to wake up around 7:50.

Oh, wait... This was supposed to be about the house. They are painting the exterior. It looks very nice. It's a slightly darker color than it was when we bought the house. I think it looks good. They also started assembling our cabinets in the kitchen. Now we have to get the countertops ordered (hopefully this week....). It takes 2 weeks to make them once we order them. I hope there are no more slippages in the house schedule.

I want to be in the house BEFORE Christmas. Even if it means moving in on Christmas Eve. There are 5 weeks and 1 day (I'm counting as if it's Sunday already) until Christmas. We need counters, interior paint, our new floor finished, lots of stuff still to do... I alternate between thinking it will happen and it will get done to not being able to imagine the remodel being done and living there.

Today, K and I went to the mall and I checked out the rugs in Pottery Barn. We'll need to get a rug for the living room and runners for the sides of our bed I think. Those we'll get AFTER we move in and get somewhat settled so we can see what we like and don't like and what we need. We'll need to get some new furniture too, but first, I just want to get in the new house.

MWH is in charge of the remodel, and doing a fabulous job, so I don't know all the details. Someday I will need to get him to do a guest appearance here and write all about the remodel. There's more I want to write about, but I'm just tired.

No comments: