Friday, November 17, 2006

The fun never stops...

The good news...my Mom has been released from surgical ICU and is in a regular room. The bad news... they assessed her condition today and decided that unless she can make signifcant gains, that she needs to go to a nursing home for more care when she is released.

This is not making my Mom happy. The idea doesn't make any one happy. I feel so helpless here. My Mom has wanted to to move to an assisted living care apartment type place for a long time now. My Dad doesn't want to move to one. If they were in one already, then she would be able to go home and get more assistance at the place for the time being. Instead, she might have to go into a nursing home all by herself. It is so sad to think about. I hope we can figure out a way to get my parents into a good place and that my Mom doesn't have to go to a nursing home. She is going to be so depressed if she is in a nursing home. I can't believe that we have to deal with this.

I know you never want to think about this stage for your parents... I can't believe I'm having to. I'm in denial.

No comments: