Friday, November 10, 2006

apologies

I didn't realize that if you were subscribed to me via a blog aggregator (e.g., bloglines) that you are notified over and over of a post as being "new" when I make a correction.

I push "publish" on my posts and then see LOTS of things I want to change (typos, re-wording things, lots of things). I apologize if this annoying, but this blog is mostly for me and my little girls (when they grow up) so I doubt I will be changing my behavior. (That's not to say that I don't highly value you friends I've made in the blogosphere, but given the main purpose of this blog, I want to make sure things make sense in the distant future. Poorly written posts (because they are often written very quickly) will probably not make sense in the future, so I will re-word and clarify. If I see a typo, it just bugs me* so I fix it.)

In addition, as I go through and categorize all the posts that were not categorized because old Blogger didn't have that capability, I will be "re-publishing" them. (There is a way to add categories without editing a post again, but I kind of like editing and looking for things that need to be fixed.) Sorry about that, but blame Blogger for that annoyance.


*And non-balanced parens drive the ex-programmer in me CRAZY. (I don't always see them...) (I do love the nested paren too.)

No comments: