Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Tears and Drama resolved

Yesterday, N (4 and 3/4s) cried because she wanted to go to the anniversary. My wise friend told me about how one of her little girls wanted to be at the birthday. My friend explained how it was all about cake. After I read that comment, I suggested to N that if she was a good girl and stopped crying that we could have cake together as a family at the end of the day. This cheered her cheered right up. (Mmmmmm, cake.) She was a really good girl for the nanny all day. When we got home, she had to tell me how good she was and how not good her sisters were. It was funny.

At the end of our day, we ate cake together as a family and now probably have a new tradition on our anniversary.

I offer the advice of "let them eat cake" if they are crying about wanting to go to [insert event/occasion here]. Works for me!

No comments: