Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sunday's Random post

This morning (Sunday) I took T (14 months) in her costume (black kitty) to the local coffee shop (not Starbucks). This got me free coffee for a week. Woo-hoo! I had heard a rumor that if you took your child in-costume that you would get this as a prize. I tried it out. It's true.


Am I a horrible mother for selling my child out for 7 mochas?



***********************


This morning I interviewed another babysitter and my kids screamed pretty much the whole time. I sent MWH (my wonderful husband) and the older two to the park, but they were there for about 15 minutes. I. am. so. embarrassed. The potential babysitter was really nice and didn't seem to mind. She explained that she was from a family of 5 and she was the 2nd oldest.

I just can't believe how noisy it is around here sometimes.

The thing that is troubling me this morning is that Miss K (29 months) bit T. She did it twice. The first time she bit her through the bulky fleece PJs that T was wearing and didn't leave a mark. The second time she did it on T's hand and there was a light set of teeth marks.

I DON'T WANT A BITER.

The first time she did it, I lost it. I yelled and screamed and put K in time out while T was screaming. I am not proud of my reaction, but what flashed in my mind is that S_______, the preschool we go to, does not tolerate biting. We love S______ and I had visions of K getting kicked out of S_______. Hence, the yelling on my part.

Now I'm calmer and I realize that with K, yelling will not actually do anything. I'm really going to have to work to make sure that this behavior doesn't continue.

I think that K is biting because N (4 and 3/4s) has decided that she is a puppy*. She is ALWAYS crawling around, whimpering, barking, or licking. Last night, N bit MWH's pant leg. We told her that we didn't allow puppies to bite and she didn't do it again, but I think K saw it happen.

Anyway, today K started to pretend that she's a puppy and I think that's why she's biting. I told N that she needs to become a different animal.

*It's amazing how "in character N stays, but it is NO LONGER CUTE. It is just annoying. It's been going on for 3 or 4 days now.



***********************

There is more, but I think the two other things I want to write about are distinct enough that I want different posts.

No comments: