Monday, August 07, 2006

it was good for me!

Another double entendre...? I meant the workout! I went intending to take it easy, but within one song I was jumping higher than most of the people in the class... Oops. So much for taking it easy. As MWH (my wonderful husband) said, I'm Lame at being Lame.

The scale said .5 less than last week. I don't take the scale that seriously though. I really don't think it's been long enough. Tonight I'm just happy that I wasn't up. I'll just be happy if in a couple weeks I see a pound gone. I am at a lower weight than I was when N turned 1. I didn't reach this weight until N was about 15 or so months... I lost all the weight by the time N was 19 months (40-42 pounds). Pretty much the moment I hit the pre-pregnancy weight I got pregnant with K. Seriously.

I didn't diet to lose the weight with N and I don't plan to diet to lose this weight. I lost the weight slowly, but I think it's better to lose weight slowly. Even though I've made a conscious effort to reduce the amount of ice cream I'm eating, I don't count cutting down from a full pint of ice cream to a half a pint as dieting.

I haven't changed my eating habits in any other way (when I'm pregnant and nursing I am soooo hungry and I eat a LOT of food). I generally eat pretty good healthy food. I eat a mostly vegetarian diet, but I like a good steak every now and then. We eat lots of pasta (I don't think carbs are bad, refined white bread yes that's bad, but not all carbs), salad, fruit, yogurt and other dairy.

Whoa... Not sure what prompted all this... actually some of it comes because lately, I've seen so many blogs where the authors are dieting and trying to live on 1200 calories a day. I just don't think that's healthy. I think dieting is just so bad for one's metabolism. I think going down to that few of calories for any length of time will really hurt you. When I'm at my preferred weight, I can eat a LOT and maintain. I can eat a lot because I expend a lot of calories. This works for me. I love food. I love to exercise. I'd rather lose weight slowly than mess up my metabolism.

I don't want my girls to see me dieting. I want them to know that being active is the best approach. Good link. This too.

No comments: