Monday, August 14, 2006

I got clean floors! I got clean floors!

The title is a play on what N (4.5) used to say when we would take her to wash her hands. When she was first learning to talk (under 2), and we'd go wash her hands after dinner, she used to come running back to the table from the bathroom saying, "I got clean hands, I got clean hands!" It was really really cute. She would do this at home or in restaurants. We tried to get K (27 months) to do the same, because we got such a kick out of it, but every kid is different and K never did it.

Anyway, my parents arrive Friday for a week long visit so I am starting a thorough cleaning of the whole house now. I don't like to clean, but I find that once I start, I'm a perfectionist and I want it to be REALLY REALLY CLEAN. Part of the reason I don't have someone clean my house is that they never do a good enough job and then I just have to clean after they leave. Seriously. Not to mention that I have to straighten before they come. It's just easier on me to not have a clean house. I can totally ignore it if it's not clean, but once I start, I can't stop.

No comments: