Monday, May 22, 2006

K & T Updates (File under growth statistics)

K & T had their 2 year and 9 month (respectively) appointments last week. We did them together and it was a little crazy, but really that's my life. Crazy. If it weren't crazy, I'd be bored. We were in the office for about an hour and with the doctor for about 40 minutes. I really like our pediatrician. She's pregnant with her second right now. Yay!

Anyway, K is 35.25 inches tall and weighs 30 pounds, 4 ounces. She has grown 3 inches taller in the last six months. (That seems like a lot to me.) She has gained about 2 pounds I believe. It seemed to me like she was getting a lot longer and a bit thinner. She was always around 50-70th percentile in height and now she's closer to 90th percentile.

To contrast K to N at 2, N was 35.5 - 36 inches tall (90th + percentile) and 29 pounds (75th percentile). K is just a teeny bit shorter and a teeny bit heavier than N was. She's always been shorter, softer, and rounder than N. Who knows though, she might end up very similar to N. I can't believe she's so tall now.

T is my little peanut. She's 27.5 inches long and 18 pounds 4 ounces (around 50th percentile for both height and weight). She didn't gain very much in length at all since six months. At six months she was 26.75 inches long. The nurse actually measured her twice because she was surprised she hadn't grown any longer. I was a little surprised too because she seems longer.

Comparison data... At 9 months (October, 2002) N was a lot bigger. She weighed 19 pounds 15 and 1/2 ounces and was 29 inches long. At 9 months (February, 2005) K weighed 20 pounds 2 ounces and was 28.25 inches long.

We'll see if T stays a little peanut or if she starts growing again. She is a cutie regardless of her height.

K got a polio shot and a Pneumococcal vaccine. T got a DTaP and Pneumococcal. K's arm got very very red. It's better now. They both slept more the day of and after their appointment and then went back to normal. I'm pretty freaky about vaccinations, but I think I have reason.

No comments: