Sunday, May 21, 2006

Get a clue Mom!

Tonight I was playing with T (9 months). I'm always playing and waving and trying to get her to clap. Since she's baby girl #3 she doesn't get a lot of one-on-one time. I think she is waving, sort of. I've thought this for a while, but I'm never completely sure. I also think she is trying to figure out clapping, but she hasn't quite done it. Miss K had already said her first word (labeled an object correctly) (ducks!) before she was 9 months old. Miss T has not yet done that.

Anyway, I was playing with her and working on communication... She however was grabbing me, pulling at my shirt, and in general, ignoring my efforts to show her waves and claps. She finally pulled out my shirt at the neck and stuck her head down it. Duh. She was communicating. She was trying to tell me she was hungry and wanting to nurse. I was stuck in my own world. It's a good thing she's good at communicating!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THey know what they want...they just don't want what we want!