Friday, March 17, 2006

Uncoordinated much?

Today, it was time to wash the sheets. That's fine. I don't mind laundry. However, I don't know why, but I hate folding sheets. Oh, wait, I know why. It's 'cause I don't know how to fold them. Whenever I try to fold our king bed sheets, I end up tangled up in them like a mummy.

My husband, now he can fold sheets. When he does them, they have little creases in them and turn into a nice little rectangular package. They look professionally done. They look like they did when they were new and fresh out of the package. When I try to fold them I end up wadding them up, kind of shoving them in the closet, and then closing the door really fast. I can almost fold twin bed sheets. They aren't as cumbersome. They end up a little wadded looking when I fold them, but not as embarrassingly so as king ones.

Anyway, the point to this post is that I don't mind washing sheets and making the bed as long as I can wash and dry the sheets in the same day so that I don't have to fold them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But if you wash and dry in the same day, then your bed has to go naked for the day. I'd rather have a less than tidy linen closet than a naked bed. But that's just me...Maybe your husband could teach a class or make an instructional dvd/video of the proper way to fold sheets. I'd love to know his technique. My flat sheets turn out nice, but the fitted is so-so at best.

JK said...

We just pull the comforter up during the day without the sheets on it. No nakey (as K would say) bed.