Thursday, March 09, 2006

The hardest job you'll ever love

Yesterday... sigh... I can't even write about it yet. I mean I wrote it down so I wouldn't forget, but it's not in a state to share yet. The virtual ink hadn't even dried on the N update, the one where I ended with, "I think we've turned a corner..." Well, now I'm not so sure.

I was so mad last night. I just kept getting more angry too as the evening wore on, but I'm much less angry now. I am so glad that last night was my aerobics class and that I got to leave her with the babysitters because I was seeing red. N got off with just a lot of icy talk from me. I didn't even yell, but we discussed what she did a lot, and I made it very clear how angry I was.

Okay, you hate me because I'm not giving all the details. I will soon. I just can't re-live it right now. (This blog is about the good and the bad.) Part of the details do involve working to make this not happen again. I think what happened is 85-90% her fault and 10-15% our and the nanny's fault.

Our life with 3 who are 4 and under is insane. Most of the time we can live in the insanity and not be too bothered, but every once in a while, the insanity level crosses a threshold and all hell breaks loose. Yup, that was yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say, last night was my babysitter night, too, and I have never been more grateful.
Of course I wonder what happened, but it doesn't even matter--I GET IT.