Sunday, March 19, 2006

Dorkdom

Dorkdom is good. I often live there too.

So much in Western Culture (aka U.S.) is focused on the negative or they dysfunctional because we're not taught to celebrate the good times. There is finally a shift of winds in the world of Psychology to focus on happiness and studying it (http://www.authentichappiness.sas.upenn.edu). I'm so happy about this! I hope more people pick up on this trend.


We should celebrate the good times in life and we shouldn't have to apologize or feel guilty about them, but we do. Happiness is not "finite." If I'm happy, it doesn't take away the potential for you to be happy too, but I think a lot of times that's what people think.

I also often worry when I'm happy that other people will be jealous of my happiness.

&

I often worry when I'm happy that I'm tempting fate by being happy.

These worries are by-products of my experience in the world of psychology and the work-aholic culture of America. When I have more time, I'll talk even more about this. But right now, I have a pizza in the oven and it is almost done.

Let's start a happy club! Happy is good. Enjoying life is good.


Okay, this is kind of short and not completely coherent, but it's the best I can do right now.

Happy dance!

No comments: