Sunday, February 05, 2006

S*x Talk

The book, "Where did I come from?" arrived from Amazon. I like it, but I don't love it. It gives the facts and then it talks a lot about how nice sex is for a man and a woman, and how it feels, in terms that kids might understand. While I think it's important to explain that part too, I don't think my 4 year old needs to know about that yet. Yes, it's important later, and I want to be the one who tells her and not some random kid on the playground, but right now, I just kind of want "the facts." I need to get more comfortable with this too and starting with the facts is easier than talking about how good it feels. We'll use the book and the pictures in it and have a conversation about sex the next time she asks, "How do babies get inside your belly?" but we probably won't read it word for word.

No comments: