Sunday, December 04, 2005

Some solutions

I've been feeling overwhelmed lately. I've been trying to get back in control of the situation. Part of the problem is that since we moved, there is not a place for everything and consequently since there is not a place for everything, everything is not in its place.

That little saying a place for everything and everything in its place has helped me so much. I am not a person who is good at organizing. I have modified the saying for my own purposes to be a place for everything important or frequently used and all of those in their respective places. Right now, there are so many things without a home in my home.

I'm working on getting jacket hangers hung up so that I always know where the jackets for the girls are. I'm also working on getting some more hangers for N's preschool bag and other things so that we can more easily remember to take it.

Another problem we have is that when the nanny arrives in the morning, there are too many people in the house at one time. The kids get confused and don't know who to listen to and the nanny is confused because she doesn't know how much to take charge. This all leads to insanity and slows me down in the morning.

To deal with that one we're going to try and make up lists for the grocery store and Target and send the nanny and one of the kiddos out in the morning to run errands while the rest of us get ready. That will help two-fold, we'll get the shopping done and get two people out of the house in the morning. (One of the girls (K--18 months) loves to go bye-bye, so this will actually help three-fold cause it will get her some stimulation in the morning.)

Having 3 kids so quickly did not give me time to learn all the tricks. Moving to a temporary house and leaving half our stuff in boxes is also part of the problem. It's hard to not be settled. I'm really flying by the seat of my pants. I know the solutions I've posted sound simplistic, but they will help, I'm quite sure of it. If any one has any suggestions or tips, please post them! Thanks.

No comments: