Wednesday, November 23, 2005

3 months!

Where did the last three months go? Little T is getting so big and can hold her head up now very very well. She smiles, she has likes and dislikes. She does not like to be held facing inward but wants to face out and see what's going on. She's my first baby to like to face out this young. Or maybe N (my oldest did). It's hard to remember exactly. (I have a journal of everything about N (or everything I wrote down), but I would have to go back and look up what N's preferences were.) T's just gotten good at sucking her thumb. We think that she may not be as much as a thumb sucker as the other two girls as though she can do it now, she doesn't always.

It's funny with N, I wanted to see her grow up and get to the next stage. I encouraged her to learn to do new things. I encouraged her to be a big girl. Not this time. I'm trying to savor all the baby-ness that Miss T has. She sleeps next to me and snuggles all night long. She curls up against my stomach--now on the outside, but it seems familiar to me, like she used to when she was on the inside. I like to think it seems familiar to her too. I think she's only slept in her cradle 2 or 3 times for a few hours. I just love cuddling with her. I love her little grunts when she's sleeping and not quite comfortable. I love how she sleeps with her legs in a frog position. I love how she continues to suck when whatever she was sucking on (finger, thumb, nipple) falls out of her mouth. I love how she does the startle still. She's already so big--not a newborn any more, but she is my baby!

Miss T is snuggled next to me right now as I type this. (Having a laptop and laying on the bed with your baby is a wonderful thing--especially when you have a mellow baby content to look up at your face and smile.) Oh she is my sweet sweet baby.

No comments: