Monday, August 29, 2005

Life with 3.

We're still adjusting. Little T is 11 days old today. We did our first outing today as a family of 5 (OH MY!). It went pretty well. N (the oldest) was whiney because she ate all of her snacks really fast and wanted more. Since we were on our way to lunch I didn't want to give her more.

We finally made it to lunch and N didn't starve to death on the way. N & K ate lots of guacamole*. This pleases me because K dislikes veggies. All she likes to eat are white-bread carbs! No Atkins diet for her.

T was wonderful... She slept through lunch in her car seat and then woke up as we got back to the car. I nursed her in the car and we went to this great kid's bookstore. We got some new puzzles for K and N, and a responsibility chart for N. I think the chart will be a great motivator and help N learn more of what we expect from her and reinforce her for doing what she is supposed to do. As N is pretty addicted to videos, we may use it to have her "earn" watching them. (She'd watch 24/7 if you let her.)

T and I were pretty wiped out from the outing. She's sacked out and I would like to join her for a nap, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to go to sleep tonight if I took a real nap. I took a little power nap (20 minutes) while she nursed.

Boy, do I sound boring or what? I'm posting about two of my 3 eating guacamole... It's just that I'm excited that we survived our first outing with only 2 adults and 3 kids. Next time I could write about tandem nursing. Boob talk is always so exciting.

*I want to figure out how the restaurant makes their guacamole because it doesn't have any salsa in it. I think they just put salt, avacodo, garlic and a little cilantro..... Maybe a little mayo, but it doesn't really taste like it. I keep trying to find guacamole recipes without salsa in them, but haven't had a lot of luck.

No comments: