Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer: Week 1

The girls have been out of school for one full week now. Our days are turning into lazy summer days. I don't yet have them signed up for camps. I feel it's sort of a radical, retro approach to summer; I want them to get a little bored. So far we've been productive this first week:

On Monday, MWH took the girls to the library so they could get lots of books for their summer reading. In the summer, we pay the girls to read at the rate of 1 penny a page. They have to read "age-level appropriate books."

On Tuesday, the girls and I totally cleaned out my car. It's shiny inside and out. It needed it.

Today, we went through their closets and drawers and pulled all their winter clothes and packed them away. We also cleared out the ones that don't fit any more to give away. All told, including winter and no longer fitting clothes, we cleaned out 10 (stuffed full) grocery bags (paper). This is really important 'cause at some point this summer we're supposed to move to our new house. (Did I tell you we bought a new house and we're remodeling it? I can't remember and I can't seem to find a post on it.)

Boy, do we know how to have fun on vacation, or what? I'm loving it. It feels good to spend time with the girls and cross things off the to do list. We've also been swimming (nearly every day), had a couple of play dates, and stayed up late. It's now 2:17 pm and 2 out of 4 of us are still in our PJs. To me, this is summer at it's best!

1 comment:

Ninotchka said...

Sounds like a fantastic start to summer! I didn't know you were moving. I love your house! So, where are you off to?