Tuesday, March 06, 2012

I needed that....

I have been really busy... You know...  First Mom's death, then super busy with work, and teaching.  I just finished another big thing over the weekend.  Still not "done" but hopefully things will slow a bit more.

Today, I came home from volunteering at the girls' school, and I was preparing to do some work.  But I was tired.  I've gotten nearly 8 hours of sleep the last two nights, but last week was very busy and involved only about 6.5 hours of sleep a night and extra driving (I was commuting to a conference).  So, today, I decided to take a power nap.  When I got cozy and started to set the alarm, I decided, what the heck, no alarm, let's see how long I sleep!  I took about an hour nap.  Ah!

I don't know the last time I did this.  I don't love naps because I'm groggy after them, but I think it was worth it today!  It was good for me.  I have been working so hard that I feel STUPID.  I often can't remember things that I should.  Sleep is important for solidifying memory, and I am not getting enough sleep.  My brain needs some time to relax.  I've had weird nerve things (e.g., numb hands and feet) going on for the last couple of weeks and that's definitely a sign that I should SLOW down.

(I know why the weird nerve things occur... If I didn't, I'd worry more.  I know that it will get better if I rest and take better care of myself.  I also know, there's nothing a doctor can do for me.  I also know that B12 can help and I've been forgetting to take them.  I remembered last night and today.  Anyway, you can read more about the weird nerve stuff over here http://3littlegirls-ohmy.blogspot.com/2006/04/twitching.html if you care.)


No comments: