Friday, May 27, 2011

Summer goals....

To get the girls to like salads. oNe does, Three-a probably will, but twoK doesn't. Are we surprised? Remember, twoK calls vegetables, vengetables. My plan for the summer is to get them to like Romaine lettuce. It's pretty nutritious. MWH called it a "gateway green". Heh.




Yesterday, I was talking with my supervisor and dear, wonderful friend, PS, and we were discussing how little work we both have for the summer. We were both kind of excited about getting a bit of a break. I was almost giddy. I was trying not to get too excited because I knew that if I did, we'd get a new project.

Yup. This morning, I got an email that suggests one of the projects we're both on will come through and we'll both be BUSY. Sigh. Now, I'm sitting here feeling a little bitter. I will learn a ton from this project, and I know I will work on it, but I will be busier than I want to be. I just want a little downtime. I will still have 3 projects, now. I would like to only have 2. Okay, bright side, 3 is better than the 9 projects I had a few years back. Or even the 5 I had at the beginning of the year. Wah, though, I still want a break.

We've talked about PS potentially taking some of my time from this project, or that we can find someone else to help. I hope she can. She found out another project won't need her over the summer. I know we could find someone else to work with us, but it always gets more complicated when there are more people involved. (MF would be fun if she makes sense, and I still really don't want to work with ES--he called in sick to meeting today. I think he's a little passive aggressive.)



Today, the girls have the day off from school. I have a little more work to do this morning and then we have to clean before the cleaners come. The good news is I have them to help. Usually I have to do it all myself. After we get the house cleaned we'll either go to the library, park, or have lunch with MWH (or all 3).




Zumba! The place where I work is getting a Zumba class! Woo! I've been talking with the person who is hiring for the class and last night, I took a class from the woman who they want to hire to teach it. I liked her! It wasn't a terribly difficult workout, but her choreography was fun and you can always amp it up. She was more fun than other folks I've taken. She also seemed really nice. I started having daydreams about apprenticing with her and then being able to substitute teach for her where I work when she has to be gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No worries! I have no other work, so I can help a lot if needed and we can bring others in. We'll do what it takes to not overwork, and still swim on Fridays :)
PS