Sunday, August 08, 2010

I didn't forget you

Oh, blog, I didn't forget you. It's been BUSY this week.

1. N3nny was on 3 days of vacation.

2. The girls had gymnastics camp. We love it now. We didn't love it so much when we started doing it, but now they are organized and the girls are older and it works! We can't wait until next year.

All three girls did really well. twoK did SUPER. She's usually hesitant to perform, but they did a little show to share what they learned that week. She smiled and did everything GREAT. I was so proud. oNe did really well too, but she has a lot more desire to perform and be in front of an audience in her than twoK.

Three-a is looking forward to being in elementary camp, like her sisters, instead of preschool camp. She definitely is ready to be BIG like them... MY BABY!!!!! YIKES!

3. I had to engage in a cleaning and organizing frenzy.

4. My brother arrived. He'll be visiting for 2-3 weeks. I had to dig out the guest room. (When the girls outgrow clothes and when I clean my closet it all goes there and sits until I get my act together.) Approximately 11 shopping bags full were taken to Goodwill.

5. N3nny is in her last couple of weeks with us. I have several posts started to discuss her leaving (it's my doing); I can't quite get my feelings to come out right so I wait to write the post to explain things. (Not knowing how to say what I want to say is part of what's been keeping me from posting.)

5b. With N3nny leaving, I have to figure out my whole schedule for work, the girls, and workouts. I'm throwing everything up in the air and hoping I can make it all work. The girls may go to the afterschool care program 1 or 2 days a week. We'll see what happens.

6. I've made some progress on the cleaning and organizing front, but I still need to work on the upstairs area so we can start to use it someday. It is still full of boxes. MWH wants to get a dumpster, but I want to go through it all, recycle what should be recycled and organize what I want to save. It'll be a huge project. Dumpster or organize, you vote.

7. Remind me to tell you about what NOT to include in a birth announcement... Okay, I'll tell you now. Granted, it was only an email birth announcement, but PLEASE DO NOT tell us how you got zero stretch marks, or how you only gained 25 pounds. Um, YEA. (If someone wants to know about your stretch marks, they will ask. Wait for it.)

8. I am figuring out eating so my blood sugar stays good. Woo. It involves less carbs and more protein (and I do have to eat eggs and salmon). (Getting older SUCKS!)

Okay... I'll try to post at least twice this week. We'll see if I can make it happen.

No comments: