Thursday, August 26, 2010

Groove

The beginning of school always makes me feel as if I am totally incompetent. This year has been no exception. I have already whined about how overwhelmed I am because of deciding to not have our nanny any more. (It's such a good thing though.) I am thankful that I have found someone to help a little, but I've already documented all that. I also told you about my brother's two-week visit. While it was fun, it was also overwhelming and I'm still reeling from it.

Today, I worked at home and didn't go to volunteer at the girls' school or do Zumba*. I sat and focused on one project for most of the day (by the time kid-drop offs were done I only ended up with ~5 hours). It was good, I think. I made good progress on the writing and I feel a little more like a half-way competent person.

I now need to spend an hour on another project and tomorrow, I need to devote a LARGE CHUNK OF TIME (~4 hours) to thinking about the SB Workshop.

On another subject entirely, I need to get to T*rget and get notebooks for storing the girls' worksheets and art for the year. If I start now, perhaps I won't end up with a HUGE PILE of papers in a month to go through. I also need to buy cards to welcome the new babies in our family! (Yes, that's right, we have two new babies in our family and I am so excited. We'll probably see them at Thanksgiving.)


*Yes, I need to write about why I skipped Zumba today, and why I'll be taking a different Zumba class tonight.

No comments: