Saturday, February 20, 2010

Let's see

Boy, I'm really not blogging much, eh?

This week's excuse is that the girls were off from school all week. I got to hang with them a little more than usual--super nice. Lunch with them and MWH on Monday at his work, and lunch with them and a friend of mine yesterday. They talked my friend's ear off.

This week, I have pretty successfully ignored the thing that was stressing me so much last week. Since Tuesday, I've barely let it invade my dreams or anything. (Monday, I was a crying disaster!) I need to make a decision about a doctor's appointment soon, whether to keep it or not, so as I do that, I'll be a stressed wreck.

The good news from this week is I did 6 workouts and my knees held up. At the beginning of the year, they still hurt quite a bit. I could tell they were still slowly getting stronger (and I continue to work them to try to build up more muscle in my quads and hamstrings and glutes!) The progress for improving was so slow, but now, they seem ALMOST back! I injured my right knee in July... More than 6 months of healing--Wowza. Mostly, I am so thrilled that the tendonitis is barely noticeable today after 6 workouts this week!

What else....

1. I've been spending a lot of time reading and trying to figure out raw food recipes. It's pretty simple, you don't cook, but you have to do a lot of other stuff. Raw food requires special tools, see this for example and things like juicers and dehydrators. I have my Vitamix, and my food processor and they help a lot, but I have to figure what else I want/need/how much raw I and the family will eat.

I have made that broccoli salad so many times now. We love it and it is yum. I've made another broccoli salad, and it was good--it had tomatoes and olives and a "regular" kind of Italian dressing on it--good, but not as good as the other one. I need to expand my horizons. Raw broccoli, Chia seeds, and Kale are the foods I've adopted in the last month. I've made one smoothie with mango and one with blackberries so those are potentials....

2. oNe now has her first email account. It's super fun, and a little guilt-inducing, when I get emails from her. She tells me things like "I love you and I miss you," but it's super fun signing my emails to her "Love, Mommy." Awwww! She loves her email account!

3. Today, MWH and I are taking the girls to a famous landmark that is nearby (1 hour or so) that they've never seen. They don't know yet. It should be a fun day.

And now to end this VERY BORING update! Happy Saturday to you!

1 comment:

Lola Granola said...

Nope...and clearly we haven't talked much lately, either! I just made a decision. If it's at all possible, I'm coming in May. Checking dates with Rob now. Only think that will stop me is Sam's class performance of Macbeth.
Because happy is important. And I miss you!