Friday, February 05, 2010

95

I finally picked up the kindergarten registration packet for Three-a. Registration opened on Monday. We got packet 95. There are 99 spots. We're in, but wow, who knew????? Our school is a very popular one in a popular district. We get "priority" because we actually live in the area the school serves. I don't know what that means, but the secretary told me Three-a would be accepted in the school. I had a momentary flash of having two of the girls at one school and Three-a at another school and almost cried! That'd be WAY too crazy.

I should have picked up the packet earlier this week, but this week's been a little crazy--when isn't it though? twoK got sick on Monday and stayed home from school M-Th. Then oNe got it on Thursday and stayed home yesterday and today. We'll see if Three-a gets it or not. What twoK and oNe had/have is the world's "coughiest" cold. They are a little stuffy, but mostly they cough. My throat feels a little funny, but I'm not coughing. Fingers crossed! I've already had two colds this year, and I'd like to be done with illness.

Since I'm on the subject of germs, I should report that oNe had a cold two weeks ago. Three-a had it last week, but that cold wasn't that bad.

What else? Oh, yea, my birthday was this week. The girls made me breakfast--so sweet! They made me a frozen flax waffle (one of the few foods I buy prepared), put peanut butter on it (my favorite way to eat it) and made me a cup of tea. Impressive! They also made me a lot of wonderful pictures (painting mostly)! MWH had them make me coffee mugs too. He took some of their digital art and with the help of Zazzle, made me one of a kind coffee mugs! I love them. The girls love to see me drinking tea from their cup.

Tomorrow, MWH and I will go see Avatar (FINALLY--I think we're the last people on the planet to go see it). I'm so excited to have a date afternoon with MWH!

*One of my "little goals" for the future is to get a waffle maker so we can make our own waffles and freeze them. Heh, that means MWH will make the waffles... He loves to make pancakes and he wants a waffle maker. Hrm... I wonder if that'd be a good birthday gift for him....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WTG MWH with the cutie gift idea. Love that! My girls always get me latte mugs. But some decorated with their art would be THE ABSOLUTE BEST. Must drop a hint. heh

You're not the last to see Avatar. I think I will be. I've no interest. Does that make me weird?