Tuesday, July 07, 2009

two accomplishments and a new goal

The carpets are cleaned. I wanted to make sure I got them cleaned this month. I am so excited that I did it. Last week, I didn't think I'd ever get the time to get it done, but then over the holiday weekend, I did a little cleaning and it made me excited to have CLEAN carpets. I remembered to call yesterday and I got an appointment for today. I can cross it off my list now. Clean Carpets

So much fun to cross things off the list!

Oh, the cleaning place used kelp as the all natural product to clean.... I'm going to tag this post GREEN because of that.



I emailed off one of my 3 papers last night. [Another one is off the list too... TRB] This morning, the person I was writing it (JR) for told me it was very nice. Though it doesn't sound like it's high praise, we often don't get a lot of positive feedback around where we work, so I'm taking it as a good thing. This was the first time I've done anything for this person, so I'm glad to get the positive feedback.

I have a new goal at work, to do really good work, but not to be obsessive, and to stop working all the time. I don't work full-time, and I'm not pursuing any advancement* at work right now, so why do I work as much as I do?

Part of the reason I end up working all the time is when I'm working on projects not related to my real interests. I find I don't work very efficiently on those projects. I end up trying to re-shape the project to meet my interests, and then having to go back and re-do things the way they actually should be done. I'm going to try to make sure I only pursue projects that I really like. We'll see what I can do... Wish me luck!


Okay... I have whiny girls who want dinner.




*I don't think I want to take on any more responsibilities at work until Three-a is in first grade, and even then, I don't know. I think I like the level where I am. I'm on the slowest career track EVER, but I don't feel the need to be totally an overachiever here. I want to do good work that is interesting to me.

3 comments:

PS said...

Yay for positive feedback from JR! I'm with you on not being an over achiever anymore. Oops, I'm probably not supposed to say that since I'm your S. Shhh. ;)

JK said...

That's why I love you PS! :-)

RUTH said...

For nearly six years everytime something bad happened on the carpet and I cleaned it up I thought "I should get the carpets cleaned." Then I'd think "In a while when the girls are older." Now I've started thinking "We should get the carpets replaced... in a while when the girls are older."