Monday, July 13, 2009

Summary

It's summer. I will do a summary (hey, that's a pun in case you hadn't detected it) of what we've been up to lately.

1. I'm working on 1) not working all the time 2) cutting down the time I spend in FB and the blogosphere, 3) spending more time with the girls.

2. Trying to socialize more. The other week, I took the girls over to a friend's house, and another friend brought her kids, and the girls and all the kids played. The Moms and I walked. It was fun. MWH had to help out because her husband was ignoring the kids. Her husband was going to watch the kids, but another parent came over needing some help with something and he got busy. My girls were running around with (pretend) swords and it was crazy. They had a blast, I think there were 9 kids total at the house, but it was a little scary to watch. I was glad MWH was there.

3. I'm working on two papers and my colleague is working on a third one to submit to a conference. I'm trying to not let work take over my life. So far (just one week), I've done an okay job on not letting it take over. Baby steps!

4. I kind of hurt my knee in Zumba. I did something the teacher doesn't recommend, but is fun. My knee was pretty sore on Friday. It's been feeling better each day since. I am going to take it easy on my knees until it's all better. It doesn't really hurt any more, but it kind of is a little tender and reminds me it's there. I think it's a muscle (or a ligament) and that it's not very bad. That's my hope. I have a very bad back. I don't want bad knees too.

5. This week should be a fun week. We have an event we can bring our kids to at work on W, and then MWH and I are going to take F off and play with the girls. It'll either be a beach day or a local amusement park depending on how hot it is. It's been really wonderful weather lately... we had one short heat spell (only bad for two days).

6. I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can remember now.

No comments: